Our favorite part about this recipe is that it’s quick to make and doesn’t require any fancy equipment either! Come on, that’s the dream, guys. For those of you who aren’t fans of frostings or if you don’t happen to have the ingredients on hand, then try the cake as it is, without any frosting at all. Or, you can just sift a little powdered sugar on top. Let’s get started!
- 3 peeled and grated carrots
- 2 eggs
- 70 grams / 1/3 cup demerara sugar
- 50 grams / 1/4 cup pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- For the frosting:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk / water (depends on the thickness you want for the glaze)
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F degrees with the fan.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, carrots, and eggs.
- Add cinnamon and oil - mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with baking powder and pecans.
- Add the flour mix to the carrot mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased English cake tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, put the powdered sugar and add 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Whisk well and add another tablespoon of milk.
- Only if it's not turning into a shiny glaze should you add another tablespoon of milk and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth and has no lumps.
- Cool the cake at room temperature.
- Pour the glaze on the cake.
- Cut yourself a piece and enjoy!