This is hardly a recipe; it is more of a quick win for an easy morning. You make it at night and in the morning that way you'll have your breakfast ready to go. All you need is a teaspoon to start your day full of energy. And remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and this recipe is as easy and tasty as it gets!
Chia seeds are very healthy, full of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Do you need another reason to have them for breakfast? We don't think so!
When you put chia seeds in a liquid, they puff and the liquid gets thicker. The longer the batter sits, the thicker it will be. If you want to have the chia pudding at a later time, like the next morning, do not mix the seeds with the coconut liquid.
You can change the coconut liquid to any type of milk that you prefer. Chia seeds have no taste on their own and the coconut liquid is also a kind of blend so that is why it's recommended to add maple syrup. You can add more syrup or less by your taste.
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 cup of coconut liquid
- Ingredients for decoration:
- Any fruit that you like, I added strawberries and blueberries.
1. In a small bowl, mix well all of the ingredients. Make sure there aren't any lumps.
2. Pour the pudding into a jar and close with the lid.
3. Place in the refrigerator for the night or at least for 3 hours.
4. Add fruit and enjoy your breakfast!