The bread is vegan and because we also changed most of the flour to spelt flour, it is healthier and full of flavor. The total package! You will have to use a pot that is suitable for baking in the oven.
- 200 grams/ 1 & 3/4 cups regular flour
- 300 grams/ 2.5 cups spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 80 ml/ 1/3 cup water
- 320 ml / 1 & 1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 50 grams/ 1/3 cup pecan nuts and walnuts
1. In a bowl mix the sugar, dry yeast, and the small amount of water. Let it sit for 10 minutes – to activate the yeast.
2. Add all other ingredients and mix well to unify dough.
3. Let it rise, but make sure it’s covered with plastic, for 1 hour and 40 minutes
4. Heat the oven to 220°C / 428°F fan and place a pot that is suitable for baking in the oven for 20 minutes – the dough is still rising at this time.
5. After 20 minutes take the pot out of the oven carefully, add a bit of flour to it and put the dough in it.
6. Bake for 40 minutes with lid on.
7. Remove the pot lid and bake for another 10 minutes.
8. Take out of the oven carefully and let the bread cool at room temperature outside the pot.
9. Slice and enjoy!