Vegan Crème Brulee? Yes! It exists! And if you don’t own a burner maybe it’s time to buy one.
- 2 cups of milk (any type you choose to use)
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of corn starch
- 6 tablespoons of demerara sugar
- Place all of the ingredients in a small pot.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes while whisking constantly.
- When you see the batter thickening, pour the batter into 6 small cups.
- Wrap the cups with plastic and place in the fridge to set for an hour.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of demerara sugar on each cup and burn the tops with the burner.
- Place again in the fridge for 5 minutes to let the burned sugar set.
- Dig in and enjoy!