Not everyone is familiar with the Honey Cake but we're here to remedy that. Of course this is an easy recipe, and while it doesn’t look fancy – it’s delicious.
- 6 eggs separated to yolks and whites.
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of black coffee- cooled
- Make black coffee and let it cool completely.
- Heat the oven to 180°C degrees with the fan.
- In a bowl, mix the honey and baking soda together until it becomes a light brown color.
- In the mixer bowl with a whipping hook, whip the egg whites and sugar to a light foam.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the mixer bowl and continue whipping until all the batter is unified.
- Pour into English cake molds.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Garnish with honey or powdered sugar.
- Goes without saying, but enjoy!