As far as finger-licking tart is concerned, the lemon raspberry tart makes all others pale in comparison. Now that summer has arrived, this is one recipe that easily drowns out the heat, thanks to its refreshing lemon zest. Don’t worry though; it’s a lot easier to bake than you think!
Ingredients For The Dough:
- 150 grams / 2/3 cup flour
- 100 grams / 1 stick cold butter, cut to cubes
- 40 grams / 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
Ingredients For The Filling:
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 400 grams / 1 and 1/3 cups condensed milk
- 150 milliliters / 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 100 grams / 7/8 cup raspberries
Ingredients For Decoration:
- Whipped cream
- Dried raspberries
- Other decorations that you love
- In a food processor with a steel blade, place the flour, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt, then process until a crumbly mixture is obtained.
- Add the egg and continue to process until the dough lumps are formed.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and form a disc shape.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator for an hour.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 3-4 mm thick sheet and set aside the baking pan, making sure to create a right angle between the side and the base, ensuring that the edges remain high.
- Stab the dough with a fork.
- Freeze the dough inside the pan for an hour.
- Set the oven to 170°C / 340°F fan.
- Place a sheet of heat resistant nylon or crumpled baking paper on the dough and fill with dry beans/chickpeas or special weights for baking. (This is known as “Baking blind” and is the process of baking a pie crust or other pastry without the filling.
- Bake blind for 13 minutes.
- Remove the weights from the dough and continue baking for 5 more minutes.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- When the 5 minutes are over, pour the filling onto the dough and bake for 13 minutes.
- Cool the tart in room temperature.
- Decorate with whipped cream and dried raspberries.