A classic flavor that just about everyone loves. Now you can choose what type of chocolate to use for the filling, so that’s always an added bonus.
Ingredients For The Dough:
- 150 grams / 2/3 cup flour
- 100 grams / 1 stick cold butter, cut to cubes
- 40 grams / 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
Ingredients For The Filling: (Choose one of the 3)
Dark Chocolate Filling:
- 250 grams / 1 and 5/8 cups dark chocolate
- 270 milliliter / 1 cup + 2 tablespoons double cream
Milk Chocolate Filling:
- 250 grams / 1 and 5/8 cups milk chocolate
- 167 milliliter / 2/3 cup double cream
White Chocolate Filling:
- 250 grams / 1 and 5/8 cups white chocolate
- 125 milliliter / 1/2 cup double cream
- In a food processor with a steel blade, place the flour, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt, then process until a crumbly mixture is obtained.
- Add the egg and continue to process until the dough lumps are formed.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and form a disc shape.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator for an hour.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 3-4 mm thick sheet and set aside the baking pan, making sure to create a right angle between the side and the base, ensuring that the edges remain high.
- Stab the dough with a fork.
- Freeze the dough inside the pan for an hour.
- Set the oven to 170°C / 340°F fan.
- Place a sheet of heat resistant nylon or crumpled baking paper on the dough and fill with dry beans/chickpeas or special weights for baking. (This is known as “Baking blind” and is the process of baking a pie crust or other pastry without the filling.)
- Bake blind for 13 minutes.
- Remove the weights from the dough and continue baking for 13 more minutes.
- Cool in room temperature.
- Cut the chocolate to small pieces and place in a bowl. Heat the double cream in a pot until it start boiling - do not let it boil hard. Pour the cream on the chocolate and let it sit for 3 minutes. Mix the chocolate until it all melts and dissolves with the cream.
- Pour on the baked dough and keep in the refrigerator for 2 hours for stabilizing.
- Decorate with coconut flakes, chocolate candies, fruits, or nuts.