An age old classic that everyone simply loves, cinnamon rolls. The combination of soft dough with cinnamon always gives a warm and homey feel.
- 500 grams / 4 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 160 milliliters / 2/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup oil
Ingredient For The Filling:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 50 grams / 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Put all the dough ingredients in a mixer bowl and mix with a kneading hook for a few minutes. It is important to clean the sides of the bowl every few minutes to ensure that all the materials have been combined. If the dough is slightly sticky, that is fine too.
- Greas the bowl and make sure all the dough is greased too, cover with plastic and let the dough rest to in a warm place for about an hour or until the dough doubles its volume.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 360°F degrees with fan and place a baking paper on a pan.
- After the dough has risen, carefully ground the work surface and transfer the dough to it.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a large rectangular leaf 3 to 4 mm thick. You can cut the dough with a pizza roll (or knife) into a rectangle shape.
- Spread the melted butter evenly on the dough and than, spread the sugar and the cinnamon.
- With the knife or pizza roll, cut lengths 2.5 cm wide and roll into snails. Place the snails on the pan in large intervals.
- Bake for 18 minutes until they are brown.