Introducing your new summer alcoholic cocktail drink - Watermelon sour with thyme aroma.
In order to get thyme aroma, we need to create a sugar syrup and infuse thyme in it. To make sugar syrup you need an equal amount of sugar and water (1/2 cup of each) and you cook it on high until all the sugar is dissolved. Than you place a few branches of fresh thyme in the syrup and let it sit for 1-2 hours. Finally, you sift the syrup and it will be ready to use in any drink. You can make it ahead of time and save it in the fridge for when you mix the drink. If you want a different aroma, you can replace the thyme with other herbs you like, like basil for instance.
In addition, if you want you can change the watermelon to another fruit like red grapefruit or orange or grapes, just make sure you use fruits without seeds!
- 2 slices of watermelon - medium size
- 1 cup of your favorite rum
- 1/2 cup of sugar thyme syrup (instructions can be found above)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sparkling water
- Ice cubes – the amount depends on how many drinks you make
Ingredients For Garnish:
- Slices of watermelon
- Fresh thyme branches
- In a large bowl, muddle the 2 watermelon slices.
- Add all ingredients except for the ice cubes and mix well.
- Place in each cup ice cubes and pour the drink.
- Garnish and serve!