The tricky part when you buy granola is the fact that you never really know what all the ingredients are or how sweet it’ll taste. Many times, it contains a lot more sugar than what you actually want to consume. Which is why we prefer homemade granola because then we have control over the ingredients and that makes all the difference. Don’t forget that you don’t have to eat granola as is; you can add it to a bowl of yogurt too. The recipe is super easy to follow!
- 4 cups / 500 grams oatmeal
- 1/4 cup / 50 grams pecan nuts
- 1/4 cup / 50 grams walnut
- 1/4 cup / 50 grams almonds slivers
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup date syrup/molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup/honey (if you prefer - add both according to your taste)
- Pinch of salt
BONUS: You can add any type of nuts and seeds, furthermore, feel free to add fruits, whether dry or fresh, after baking.
- Heat the oven to 170°C / 340°F degrees with the fan.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Be sure to mix well until all is coated with the date syrup.
- On a baking pan with baking paper, arrange the entire mass in an even spread.
- Bake for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes mix the mass on the pan (be careful as it’s hot) and then continue baking.
- Cool the granola at room temperature. Save in a closed box or jar.
- Eat as is or add to yogurt.