Ahh, yes, the classic chewy chocolate chip cookie is one that has everyone reaching for seconds. However this recipe offers a little twist so you can get the ultimate crunchy, chewy cookie. Plus the best part, you only need to wash one bowl! Now that sounds like heaven.
- 125 grams / 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup light brown demerara sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 100 grams / 2/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 360°F fan
- Mix the softened butter together with the light brown demerara sugar.
- Stir in one egg. Mix in the salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir in white flour and chopped dark chocolate until the dough is uniform.
- Place a quantity of a little less than a tablespoon at large intervals on a baking pan
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the cookies are flattened and browned at the edges. Cool for full crunch.