This cinnamon roll recipe produces perfectly light and fluffy cinnamon rolls every time! So simple to make and so delicious! The perfect soft, fluffy, gooey cinnamon rolls are right at your fingertips. This is the only recipe you’ll ever need.
Ingredients For The Dough:
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
Ingredients For The Filling:
- 1/2 cup butter almost melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Ingredients For The Frosting:
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon maple extract (or vanilla)
How To Make:
- Pour the milk in the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle the yeast over it.
- Add the eggs, butter, salt and sugar.
- Add the flour and mix using the beater blade just until the ingredients are barely combined. Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes so the flour has time to soak up the liquids.
- Scrape the dough off the beater blade and remove it. Attach the dough hook.
- Beat the dough on medium speed for 5-7 minutes or until the dough is elastic and smooth. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray.
- Use a rubber spatula to remove the dough from the mixer bowl and place it in the greased large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or wax paper.
- Set the bowl in a warm place and allow the dough to rise until double, for about 30 minutes.
- Do not allow the dough to rise too much or your cinnamon rolls will be airy.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the cinnamon filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soft butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, mixing until well combined. Set aside.
- Sprinkle a pastry mat generously with flour.
- Turn out the dough onto the pastry mat and sprinkle the top of the dough with additional flour.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll the dough to about a 12x15" rectangle.
- Use a rubber spatula to smooth the cinnamon filling over the whole dough rectangle.
- Starting on the long end, roll the dough up tightly.
- Cut into 12 slices and place in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Cover the pan and allow the rolls to rise for 20 minutes or until nearly double.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Warm the heavy cream until it’s in room temperature.
- Once the rolls have risen, pour the heavy cream over the top of the rolls, allowing it to soak down in and around the rolls.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 17-19 minutes, until the rolls are lightly golden brown and the center rolls are cooked through.
- While the rolls are cooling, prepare the cream cheese frosting.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and butter using a hand mixer. Blend well.
- Add in your favorite extract and the powdered sugar. Beat until combined.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled rolls.